Shazam WIP 2

Just a quick update this week. I've been mad busy recently and have found it really hard to make time for any painting. I have managed to give Shazam a wash though!


I started by giving him a couple of coats of Vallejo gloss varnish through my airbrush. I was pretty worried going in as it's something I'd never done before but overall it was really easy. Gloss varnish is tricky, it's hard to know when it's actually dry because it always looks wet. It seemed to dry pretty easily though. I haven't tried to use my airbrush again since so time will tell if I've knackered it!


Next I applied some Citadel washes: Seraphim Sepia for the yellows and golds, Reikland Fleshshade for the skin and Nuln Oil for the grey cape. I really didn't like the way the Nuln Oil looked so I spent a bit of time touching it up with Celestra Grey. I'm still not 100% happy with it but I've got time to fix it.

Finally, I used an oil wash for the first time. I had a tube of Vandyke Brown in a cupboard somewhere from a few years ago when I foolishly decided to try my hand at oil painting. I thinned this down with some white spirits from Wilkos and applied it to the recessed. I'm pretty chuffed with how it's come out!

Next I need to seal it all in with matte varnish and finish him off. Hopefully there'll only be one more post on this guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Intercessors WIP 2

Oil Wash Disaster

The Project