Collapsible Light Box

Something I've really struggled with is getting decent photos of my miniatures. I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination but getting good lighting in my house to be able to get even a respectable photo from my iPhone has been a real problem (god bless Instagram filters!).

In order to try and rectify this. I've bought a collapsible light box from eBay.


Now, this thing only cost £6.99, so I'm not expecting to all of a sudden start taking incredible photos straight away, but after a couple of tests I'm pretty pleased. As you can see from the above picture, it hasn't been unfolded for very long, so the sides are still bending inwards. I'm also not sure I've put the white backing sheet thing in properly (the instructions aren't the best). I need to get in quite close to the miniatures to stop the holes in the corners from being visible.

Here are a few pictures I've taken using it though. They're all models I've posted before and I'm pretty happy with how they've come out. I definitely think they're better than the usual ones I take with my paints in the background (my paint holder is yellow so there's a yellow hue to all of the photos I've taken so far). It's certainly more obvious that Shazam's face isn't finished!





If you fancy taking the plunge yourself here's the link to the eBay listing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Intercessors WIP 2

Oil Wash Disaster

The Project