Primaris Intercessors WIP 3

The Red Scorpion I was working on really wasn't inspiring me at all. It's a scheme I've been wanting to try for a long time but I got bored of it very quickly. So in an effort to get myself going again I decided to move on to something else.

After my oil wash disaster with the Imperial Fist I decided to get that stripped and give it another go. I was always planning on painting the sergeant as a Salamander so I thought I might as well basecoat him while I had the airbrush out. However, the green went on much better than the yellow so I changed by mind (again) and decided to make a start on him instead.


I really feel like I turned a corner with the airbrush whilst priming and basecoating these miniatures. I previously wouldn't be patient enough waiting for a layer to dry before going back over it again. However, this time I really took my time and I started using a hair dryer to speed things up a bit and it really made a huge difference. I've also learned that it's just as quick to just disassemble the airbrush and give it a proper clean between colours as it is to try and blow all of the previous colour out!

I don't often get a huge amount of time to really sit down and get stuck in to a miniature but I recently had a rare free weekend so I spent pretty much an entire day working on the sergeant and I'm really happy with how he's looking so far. All I've got left to do is finish highlighting the black and metals, paint the purity seal on his arm and base him. I'm going to consider this guy finished without transfers simply because I don't have any Salamander transfers and I don't fancy spending £20 on a Forge World transfer sheet just for 1 test model. That being said, I've had a blast painting this guy so far and I love the colour scheme so I'm thinking I may paint up some full units for this chapter. If that does happen I'll definitely invest in one.


Whisper it, but I think I'm actually going to finish a miniature!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Intercessors WIP 2

Oil Wash Disaster

The Project