Salamander Primaris Intercessor Sergeant

Drum roll please...I'VE FINISHED A MINIATURE!

I can't believe it's taken me so long since getting back into the hobby to actually finish a miniature but I've finally done it. I'm absolutely delighted with how it's come out as well.


I really struggle painting flesh which is why I decided to paint the sergeant as a Salamander. The green I went with (Warboss Green) isn't the shade you'd typically associate with Salamanders but I just love the way it's turned out. I'm definitely going to paint some more Salamanders in the not too distant future.

I also got to try out a few new techniques on this guy too. Mainly using Vallejo varnishes through an airbrush. After messing up on the Red Scorpion I think I've finally cracked it. I also love the finish the matte varnish has produced. I feel this model looks more "professionally" done than anything else I've ever painted.

I really wasn't sure about the white hair at first but it's really grown on me. The only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the gold and silvers. I usually shade metals with Agrax Earthshade but as I was shading the rest of the model with Nuln Oil I didn't bother. In future I'll definitely go back to a brown tint for metals, the edge highlights stand out a lot more.

1 model down, hopefully it won't take me anywhere near as long to get the one done. I think I'm going to have another go at the Imperial Fist next. Watch this space!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Intercessors WIP 2

Oil Wash Disaster

The Project